Pokemon Pyramid

This is the forums for Pokemon Pyramid Rpg.

RPGHomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCHAT

Share | 

Looking for a one x one

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolfinnight

PostSubject: Looking for a one x one   Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:52 am

I am open for most types of Roleplays. Fantasy, war-like, survival, Pokémon, Demon and angels... The list goes on and on and on.

The main thing that I don't want in a RP is an unoriginal RP that follows the story line of an anime. Like if you want to do something MLP related, it will be after the Mane six have passed away while they are considered legends in books for what they have done.

Pokémon, I prefer PMD styled Pokémon, however I am willing to do trainers and Pokémon.

I will not do things like BLEACH, Inuyasha, or any RPs like those which rely around the main character more than the actual world they live in. I mean, we get a basic idea of what it is about, but not enough to do a RP away from the cannon characters, make sense?

I am willing to do a One Piece RP. But, again, it will be based around people not around Luffy and his crew. There can be rumors and legends that reach them, but no interaction with the real thing. It can even be after One Piece has been found and be more based around "normal" lives.

There are others, obviously. I don't just do anime based rps. So, if you want something else, feel free to ask about it.

I do not like RPs that don't have even a hint of supernatural or futuristic to them. This is because I like for my imagination to go free in a RP, or at the very least not be restrained by the typical stuff that we can do any ol' day.

That introduction aside, there are a few things that need to be lay down.
No Godmodding! (This is where you try to make your character better than everyone else. Or the hindrance is not comparable to the gain. Like being able to be super strong, super fast, and invincible while not having any known weakness because there is nothing around that can harm you. Or the same abilities but the only hindrance is that after 24 full hours of exerting these powers and only after a full 24 hours of non-stop use, does the character start to feel a little sore. It needs to be proportional.

A decent example is Night Shadow Star's "spirit eye" that replaces his missing eye. If he doesn't have it covered, he can tell if someone is hiding and he can force strain on any physical being from a "phantom" force. The problem is that after he uses this eye of his, it drains a lot of energy. If he uses it for too long and doesn't have the drive to keep going, he will just collapse and black out. Sometimes even for days at a time. High repercussion for using a very powerful skill.)

No Powerplaying. (This is controlling my character in a situation when they don't have to do something. Such as if you character has a crush on mine and makes my character return holding hands with yours, that is powerplaying. So is making moves hit, though I understand sometimes needing to force a hit. Usually I do fair with the hit and miss attacks. If anything, I wind up more on the side of getting hit and injured more than being untouched.

You can do things such as "Grabs *My Character*'s arm and drags him/her behind as *your character* runs away. As, typically, if someone does that to us IRL, we would be forced to at least start to get dragged along. But you can't make the character run along or skid to a stop. That is left up to me to decide for my character.)

MUST BE ABLE TO TYPE!
What I mean by this is:
~ No Chat Speak
~ Type out what you want in a post. One sentence posts are fine when there's not much else to say in the post (such as conversation) but if you're running through a forest, don't just say "Character is running through a forest" and end it there. "Character is running as fast as his/her feet will carry him/her. The trees were almost blurs as s/he ran through them, frantically looking for somewhere to hide, or at the very least one that s/he could climb" is more descriptive. And if we want to do this on an alien planet, it would be even better to list off the blur of colors. "...were almost blurs of Blue purple and orange..."
~ I understand typos, but for the love of all that is good, please try to keep them to a minimum. Or at the very least keep them constant.
 I have my bad days with spelling, as does everyone. However, if you are constantly typoing words and you don't re-read what you type, it can make it hard for me to keep up.

~ I want someone who can be active with RPing. Not just "one post a day if I'm lucky. Closer to once a week replies" or anything like that. I understand if you need to be away for a few days, but one reply per day/week average is low for me. When with an Avid RPer who is online at the same time frame, I have been known to get anywhere from 20 to 100 posts in, in a given day.

That usually does slow down some as the RP goes on, since it gets a little harder to keep a RP going after the main plot is done.

~ Please please please PLEASE! Put breaks in your post. It's a lot easier to read a post like how this one is set up than what you see below in the spoiler tag.

Also, I do not set an end to a RP. If you hit the "end" of it, there is almost always something that can be done. Like in Ice and Water, the "end" was trying to get the main character returned into a human with the help of her Buizel partner that she met in a PMD type of RP. She met Arceus, got returned to normal, then wound up not liking it and missing being able to understand the Buizel. So she returned to her Pokémon form. Then the end of the world came, the old world was destroyed but a handful of humans and Pokémon were brought to the new world. That's where they decided to try and settle down some, only to have to deal with attacks and raids and the like. After a while it went from being about the two main characters to another set of characters to continue with their story. After those two, it went to a brother and sister who actually loved each other more than just siblings and how they had to deal with that.

So, as you can see, where one RP ended, another began in the same RP, but it all flowed. That's the main thing. It flowed from one to another.

Click for sample of non-broken up post:

I know I may seem picky, but I hope that it does not off-put anyone too much. I mean, as long as you can type decently, don't GM or PP, we will be fine Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a one x one   Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by PMD styled Pokemon RP. Please specify?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfinnight

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a one x one   Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:01 pm

We play as Pokémon in a world with little to no humans. Same as the actual PMD games. (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a one x one   Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Alright, do you want to do a one on one RP then? I have several plots, see which ones you may be interested in. Here's the first one:
Rain. Rain is a daily part of life. Everyday there's a light sprinkle, or a massive downpour. Either way, it's all rain. No Pokémon knows what the cause of this deluge is. Some think that this rain has been coming since the beginning of time. Others think different.
But things are starting to change. Rain is coming down, harder, and harder. Soon everything, everyone will be eroded away. Even though there may not be a solution to this, everyone's desperate. Now some Pokémon will have to take on a dangerous mission to save the world.. But who's brave enough to do it? How can a handful of Pokémon save the world? IS there a solution?

Something like that, you can change it up if you'd like. There's more, but if you want this, that's fine. If not, I'll present some more, see how you like those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfinnight

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a one x one   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:18 am

It's interesting. And I can see the cause of rain as being many different possibilities. But I'm not sure about it. It's a decent topic but I'd like to see one or a few of the others you are thinking about. And worst case scenario, we have the Rain to RP Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a one x one   Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Here's the next one:
Everything's black, white, and grey. No red, no gold, no yellow, no blue, no green... Nothing. Everything's colorless. Everyone's colorless. It's a world where color is simply illegal. Everything must be dull. Everything has to be colorless. There is no such thing as color in the world. Color is dangerous.
But why? Nobody knows. Nobody really cared. It's just a daily part of everybody's lifestyle. Nobody cares, everyone just gets along with their daily lives.
However, there are rumors...
Rumors that in the Forbidden Forest, deep inside the darkness, there is color. As the name says, the Forbidden Forest is, well, forbidden. Nobody is allowed inside, anybody that does go is prosecuted. The Parliament, the world's supreme government, doesn't say WHY color is illegal, WHY nobody is allowed to go inside the Forbidden Forest...
What if some Pokémon actually went inside the Forbidden Forest?
If they did, they would be pulled into a life-or-death adventure, whether they like it or not...

Once again, you can change it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfinnight

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a one x one   Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:26 pm

The "Grayscale world" sounds interesting. Especially if the Pokémon that got pulled into the forbidden forest slowly gained the coloration of their species (or other colors, possibly) and with the colors comes the power.

So it is possible that the government system had colors and have that as backup for if things get out of hand, but of course, none of the others know about that. Hm... And if the gray-scaled ones didn't learn strong moves at all, then it would be a struggle of life and death in the forest at first until they get used to it and gain the strength that comes from the colors.

This one certainly catches my interest. Do you want to make the starting post?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a one x one   Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Hmm sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a one x one   

Back to top Go down

Looking for a one x one
View previous topic View next topic Back to top